Probate & Trust Administration Paralegal
We are currently hiring for the following position:
Part-time Probate and Trust Administration Paralegal – Ventura Office
THE POSITION OVERVIEW
The Paralegal’s main function is to assist attorney with probate and trust administration cases and provide the firm’s clients and potential clients with an exceptional client experience.
We are seeking a driven, tech savvy, business-minded, detail-oriented individual who is fueled by providing top-notch service to our clients, enjoys working directly with people and is very organized.
If you live within the Ventura area and are looking for an opportunity to shine by utilizing your superior organizational skills and talents, we invite you to apply.
Training will start 3-4 days a week (5 hours a day). Then move to 3-4 days a week, 20 hours a week to start. With potential hour increase over time.
WHAT WE DO
Hermance Law is an Estate Planning law firm that focuses on serving and educating families with minor children. We also do Trust administration and probate cases. Crista Hermance, Estate Planning Mom® is the owner of the practice and created the firm with a flexible schedule to allow her to be an attorney and a mom to 2 young girls.
We are out in the community, giving presentations at the local hospital to new moms, to church groups, to associations, to realtors, mom’s groups, parenting groups, preschools, fire departments, birthing centers, etc.
We have systems and processes that we follow to ensure we are providing an exceptional client experience.
We are not a typical law firm. If that is what you are looking for, you will not find that here. We do everything outside of the box to create the practice that works for our staff (family oriented) and our clients. We are the next generation law firm utilizing technology to its fullest.
Please look at our website (www.HermanceLaw.com), Facebook page (Hermance Law), Instagram (@EstatePlanningMom), YouTube (Hermance Law) and see if this the type of law firm culture and practice you want to be involved in.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Be a part of something bigger than yourself, and join us in the impact that we are making to families.
The ideal candidate for this position will have prior probate and trust administration skills. You are adept at working effectively with little oversight.
If you have a strong sense of professionalism, proven and concise communication and attention to detail and are looking for a rewarding career with opportunity for growth, we would be very interested in speaking with you.
WE WANT TO MEET YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE
- Highly motivated at helping people achieve the peace-of-mind they are looking for when working with us.
- Enjoy working with a face-paced, collaborative team and are comfortable when priorities shift and processes change.
- A master of administrative tasks, your calendar and scheduling as well as efficient and organized.
- Enjoys meeting new people and outgoing with the ability to talk to them.
- Willing to develop processes when necessary to align with the business goals and strategies.
- Enjoying following up with clients through phone calls, e-mail, or text messages.
- Intrigued about continual improvement of systems and work processes.
- Have a great business sense and the ability manage different tasks as a time.
- A master of technology and all avenues involved to be efficient.
- Possess great communication skills.
- Trustworthy and can be counted on to safeguard the confidentiality of not only our business but our clients as well.
- Process probate cases from beginning to end.
- Process trust administration cases from beginning to end.
- Guide clients in gathering and inventorying all of their assets.
- Preparing letters, legal agreements, invoicing, accounts, and reports.
- Calendaring hearing dates and scheduling court calls.
- Organize and maintain files.
- Manage cases and communicate with clients.
- Assist attorney with related work tasks.
- Experience in trust administration and probate.
- Capable of learning to manage tasks with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated with the ability to act independently.
- Possess critical thinking skills.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of local court procedures.
- Time management.
- Organizational sills.
- Deadline management
IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING TOOLS, IT’S A PLUS!
Outlook, Clio, Microsoft One Drive, Word, Excel, Power Point, Zoom, FoxIt and Teams.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
We are a family who truly loves working with one another and are looking to hire others who want to lead, collaborate and be part of the impact we are having on families.
You will be expected to take responsibility for yourself; we do not micromanage. We are stacking a team of professional, competent and highly engaging leaders whose goal is to provide parents with peace-of-mind and grow our practice. We are an equal opportunity employer.
BENEFITS & PAY
Since this is a very flexible and part-time role, we offer sick-time and 401k benefits. Pay rate starts at $ 22-28 an hour and is based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a local position that requires the candidate to live within Ventura County and work in our Ventura office.
If you would like to be considered for the position, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line:
Paralegal-Your Full Name
4476 Market Street, Suite 602
Ventura, CA 93003
5655 Lindero Canyon Road, Suite 521-18
Westlake Village, CA 91362
28338 Constellation Road, Suite 900
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Serving clients throughout California Virtually with Zoom
Disclaimer: The attorneys at Hermance Law, A Professional Corporation, are licensed to practice law solely in California and meets with clients by appointment only. Nothing in this website should be taken as engaging, or offering to engage, in any activities in any jurisdiction where those activities would constitute the unauthorized practice of law or would otherwise be unlawful or improper. The materials appearing on this Website are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. You should not take action based upon this information without consulting legal counsel. This site is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon any single source of information, including advertising on this Website.