We are currently hiring for the following position:
Legal Assistant – Ventura Office
THE POSITION OVERVIEW
The Legal Assistant’s main function is to assist the team with administrative duties and provide the firm’s clients and potential clients with an exceptional client experience.
We are seeking a driven, tech savvy, business-minded, detail-oriented individual who is fueled by providing top-notch service to our clients, enjoys working directly with people and is very organized.
If you live within the Ventura area and are looking for an opportunity to shine by utilizing your superior organizational skills and talents, we invite you to apply.
Training will start 5 days a week (5 to 6 hours a day). Then move to 5 days a week, 35-40 hours a week.
WHAT WE DO
Hermance Law is an Estate Planning law firm that focuses on serving and educating families with minor children. Crista Hermance, Estate Planning Mom® is the owner of the practice and created the firm with a flexible schedule to allow her to be an attorney and a mom to 2 young girls.
We are out in the community, attending play-dates with our kids, meeting other moms and dads with young children (“target market”), giving presentations at the local hospital to new moms, to church groups, to associations, to realtors, mom’s groups, parenting groups, preschools, fire departments, birthing centers, etc.
Our whole practice was designed to protect minor children by putting plans in place with the parents to achieve this. We have systems and processes that we follow to ensure we are providing an exceptional client experience.
We are not a typical law firm. If that is what you are looking for, you will not find that here. We do everything outside of the box to create the practice that works for our staff (family oriented) and our clients. We are the next generation law firm utilizing technology to its fullest.
Please look at our website (www.HermanceLaw.com), Facebook page (Hermance Law), Instagram (@EstatePlanningMom), YouTube (Hermance Law) and see if this the type of law firm culture and practice you want to be involved in.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Be a part of something bigger than yourself, and join us in the impact that we are making to families with minor children.
The ideal candidate for this position will have prior administrative skills. Estate Planning experience is preferred but not required. You are adept at working effectively with little oversight.
If you have a strong sense of professionalism, proven and concise communication and attention to detail and are looking for a rewarding career with opportunity for growth, we would be very interested in speaking with you.
WE WANT TO MEET YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE
- Highly motivated at helping people achieve the peace-of-mind they are looking for when working with us.
- Enjoy working with a face-paced, collaborative team and are comfortable when priorities shift and processes change.
- A master of administrative tasks, your calendar and scheduling as well as efficient and organized.
- Enjoys meeting new people and outgoing with the ability to talk to them.
- Willing to develop processes when necessary to align with the business goals and strategies.
- Enjoying following up with clients through phone calls, e-mail, or text messages.
- Intrigued about continual improvement of systems and work processes.
- Have a great business sense and the ability manage different tasks as a time.
- A master of technology and all avenues involved to be efficient.
- Possess great communication skills.
- Trustworthy and can be counted on to safeguard the confidentiality of not only our business but our clients as well.
- Answer phones including from potential clients.
- Administrative duties including: Mail, phones, copying, scanning, binder preparation, cleaning office, preparing folders and other similar office tasks.
- Ability to work under office manager.
- Call potential clients and confirm their appointments.
- Call clients and confirm signing appointments.
- Open office which includes sometimes washing dishes, cleaning whiteboards, and straightening up office.
- Input potential client information into our system to send them worksheets to complete in preparation for meetings.
- Input new client information into various tracking tools and spreadsheets.
- Send new client’s agreements and invoice and track completion.
- Communicate with client via secure online portal.
- Draft and Upload (electronically) documents for our Kids Safeguard System to client folder and coordinate with paralegal when necessary.
- Assist in witnessing signing appointments when necessary.
- Utilize online tools that we use to run the business including Wealth Counsel, google calendar, Microsoft Office 365, Calendly, Clio, CEB On-Law, and FoxIt
- Take packages to the post office for drop off.
- Arrange and pick up client appreciation signing gifts.
- Provide attention to detail as you prepare documents and various correspondence.
- Organize logistics for seminars and vendor events when needed and call and e-mail guests that signup to attend seminar.
A TYPICAL DAY FOR OUR LEGAL ASSISTANT MAY LOOK LIKE
- Open office and ensure it is clean and fresh for new client meeting that day.
- Call potential clients for the week to confirm their FPAs.
- Scan in signed client estate planning binder to client folder.
- Call client to confirm client’s signing appointment for the following week.
- Print estate planning binder in preparation for clients signing appointment.
- Daily administrative tasks including answering phones, mailing, filing, scanning, printing.
- Teem meeting to go over case status.
- Work on drafting Kids Safeguard System for clients.
- Signup new client and send them legal fee agreement and invoice online.
- Print a Funding Tool Kit for our Clients.
- Be a witness for our client signing ceremony.
- Prepare labels and mail binder to client.
- Manage conference room reservations at other locations.
IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING TOOLS, IT’S A PLUS!
Wealth Counsel, Outlook, Google Calendar, Active Campaign, Clio, Lead Pages, Trello, Microsoft One Drive, Word, Excel, Power Point, Zoom, WordPress, FoxIt, and Teams.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
We are a family who truly loves working with one another and are looking to hire others who want to lead, collaborate and be part of the impact we are having on families with minor children.
You will be expected to take responsibility for yourself; we do not micromanage. We are stacking a team of professional, competent and highly engaging leaders whose goal is to provide parents with peace-of-mind and grow our practice. We are an equal opportunity employer.
BENEFITS & PAY
Since this is a very flexible small business, we currently offer no additional benefits. Pay rate starts at $17-19 an hour based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
This is a local position that requires the candidate to live within Ventura County.
If you would like to be considered for the position, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject line: Legal Assistant-Your Full Name
Substitute your first and last name for “Your Full Name” and the exact punctuation included above.
4476 Market Street, Suite 602
Ventura, CA 93003
5655 Lindero Canyon Road, Suite 521-18
Westlake Village, CA 91362
28338 Constellation Road, Suite 900
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Serving clients throughout California Virtually with Zoom
Disclaimer: The attorneys at Hermance Law, A Professional Corporation, are licensed to practice law solely in California and meets with clients by appointment only. Nothing in this website should be taken as engaging, or offering to engage, in any activities in any jurisdiction where those activities would constitute the unauthorized practice of law or would otherwise be unlawful or improper. The materials appearing on this Website are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. You should not take action based upon this information without consulting legal counsel. This site is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon any single source of information, including advertising on this Website.